- On tasting: wines from some of the most famous communes in the world of wine - Vosne-Romanée, Gevrey-Chambertin and Nuits-Saint-Georges to name a few
- Red Burgundies from some of the Cote d'Or's most highly regarded domaine's
- Hosted by Rob McGregor - Le Pont Wine Store
- When: Tuesday 31st July, 2018
- Time: 7.30pm
- Availability: 18 seats only
For many wine lovers Burgundy is Shangri-La and perhaps the worlds most revered wine region today. It's long history, complex vineyard heirarchy and deep-rooted traditions both add to its allure but can also confuse all but the most strident aficionado. Join our very own self-confessed Burgundy tragic Rob McGregor for an informal yet educational evening where we look at a cross-section of wines from lesser-known satellite appellations (which can offer exceptional value) right through to Premier Cru wines made by some of the most illustrious domaine's in the Cote d'Or. Despite the ever-increasing price creep of top flight Burgundy, Rob will show that value is still obtainable as well as explaining why producer/domaine is key. Most importantly, w'll be tasting some superb, hand-selected red burgundies from some of the regions most notable communes.
Featured Domaine's include: Domaine Chandon de Briailles (Savigny-Les-Beaune) Domaine Robert Chevillon (Nuits-Saint-Georges), Domaine Parent (Pommard) Domaine Lignier-Michelot (Morey-Saint-Denis), Domaine Philippe Collotte (Marsannay) plus more!